Player Focus Series: ORA-Boy

 


This interview is with the humble leader of ORA-clan, ORA-boy (aka ORA-speed). Boy inherited the clan from his father [ORA-rock] and ORA has existed at the top of the game throughout all eras and servers of Red Alert. It truly is the greatest clan in Red Alert history and it is an honour for me to represent it alongside the best German tanker in the world at the moment, ORA-Jacob. All other clans fell by the wayside due to longevity or internal politics but ORA has stood the test of time for 25 years, cementing Boy's legendary status in the Red Alert history books. Here follows a very interesting Player Focus with the strongest player [and reigning 3v3 World Champion] I've interviewed so far [answers in bold]:


1) Tell us a little bit about yourself...

I'm a normal guy who works a steady job, live with my girlfriend and I play RA on my spare time.

2) Which year did you start playing RA online, and which servers? 

I started playing in 1996 when i was on vacation at my Aunt and Uncle's. My Uncle played Red Alert on Mplayer under the name Xtreme or TDS-Xtreme. I asked him if i could play and i was hooked. When i went home he bought me the game and my dad [ORA-rock] put it on our computer, we started out on Mplayer and played 1vs1 games on Westwood. 

3) Why RA in 2020? Do you play any other games or have any other interesting hobbies?

I do not play any other games online although I used to play quake 2, counterstrike, renegade. But that was a long time ago. These days it is only Red Alert, the game has a nostalgic hold on me. Being the leader of a clan I worked very hard to become a member of is also why I still play, my clan is family. As far as other hobbies, I play drums and guitar, I play with my pets alot I have a dog and 2 cats and and aquarium and I spend alot of time going places with my girlfriend. 

4) Who do you consider to be your biggest rival(s) in your time playing Red Alert?

It's strange because I really never had major rivals I only had random haters like Bravo as an example when he called out ORA randomly when he had C clan. Or Mafia when he kicked people out of ORA just to create X with the same members he kicked out of ORA and then there is Lordy_TA. When that guy was a green pea and couldn't play a lick he asked me for guidance so I played him in a lot of 1vs1. Lordy kept improving as my training went on, the first game he ever beat me I was very proud of him and he starts bashing me in the lobby and I was done. But I'm a nice guy and I gave him a chance in ORA and one day after he beat me in a 1v1 game he started bashing me again. So from there I removed him from ORA and washed my hands of him.

5) What is your most memorable game ever?

There are a few games that come to mind. One is my three tryout games to join ORA against ORA-jungshin and ORA-ssanai. Another would be the games ORA played and won against Mafia's X clan and Bravo's C clan which led to both clans' ultimate destruction. And the many many games I played with old school pros like Mastermind1, Sojupower, Milo, Aloli, Galgu, Ssanai, Mage and my father. All of those people were very helpful to me in RA.

6) Who is your favourite RA YouTuber/streamer?

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrushRAVids/videos

7) What is your favourite map and why?

V3 ribbon. you have to be on your toes playing this map because you can win/lose by land and sea. You have to manage your ore trucks throughout the entire game. It is a map based purely on skill and it is great for 1vs1 or 2vs2.

8) What is the best tip you would give to other players?

Be quick and if you have to stop to think then you already lost the game. Learn the keyboard functions and how to tank properly before you start messing with building. Once you master tanking then you can master building and that's how you become great.

9) Are there any changes you would make to Red Alert/CnCNet?

 If there is a way to automatically get the gold medal after you win the gold medal map that would be great because I should've had the medal like 10 times now. I want to be an admin. I want KOTH King of the hill tournaments. I want Case's Ladder to be the website we use for ladder games.

10) Any final comments?

Thank you for the interview and for being a part of the greatest RA clan in history.


Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for some more great content! Don't forget to follow!