The 2v2 Tournament of Friday 12th February 2021

Congratulations to T[a]nja and Kickn for their tournament victory!

Yuzgen's tournament stream

R3sistant's tournament stream

Tournament bracket and results

I missed this tournament due to getting my ass kicked in the chess.com Friday Arena 🤣👀🤒. It seems like Tanja and Kickn were just too strong in the end as they justified their place as the highest graded team in my rankings. Some of the matches were very close scorelines and this looked a fun tournament. Maps were Tdawg, Big Open Ore and P4 mini. Definitely check out the videos.

TB-Kickn [winner] statement:

 "I really enjoyed the mixture of maps for this tourny. The tourny is pretty fair when you have a mixture of good players and having it shuffled so you end up with a random partner instead of set teams. Tanja (aka Commander) played very well, I have to admit I felt very comfortable in most of the games while partnered with him. Discord also plays a massive role in Tourneys especially when you can just directly speak to your partner throughout the game. E.G. asking for assistance of if they're incoming for an attack. I'd prefer the 2v2 tourneys and playing the maps we usually play. Not just some random maps we need to learn couple days before the tournament. 

We had some strong teams; Leigh and Yuz - you just never know what is up their sleeve. Lordy and Kobra - who just kept coming up with new ideas. I think it was such a smart idea having both players APC. I never saw the second one coming in our first match against them while playing T-dawg - it caught me completely by surprise and actually won them the game. Like you (Crush) have said many times before: Know your enemy. In the finals  they attempted to do it again, but both myself and Tanja anticipated they would. This time it actually cost them the game  because it just set them back and they didn't do any damage. Really liked the outcome at the end beating the semis 3-0 and then finishing it up with a nice 3-1 in the final. All players did very well and hope to play another 2v2 shortly."

Thanks to Lordy for hosting.